Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Auto Bailout Take 2

Different take on the auto bailout. I have done some reading about people who oppose the auto bailout. And i have got to say some of their reasoning is sound. One thing is that this break down and failing of the auto industry has been coming for a long ways off. With bad business models and bad investments and loosing more money than they were making since the 90's. Also while a bailout would save jobs in the short run in the long run it would not help anything. I mean if the ship is sinking and you pump out 1/3 of the water in the ship you only bought the ship more time you haven't fixed anything. If the business fail new ones will replace them. Now i am not completely opposed to the idea of a bailout. but if they did i feel like the government would have to demand a DRASTIC REMODELING of the company.

If we give them one now when and where will it stop?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I still ain't buying into the let em sink camp.

Too many jobs are tied to our only manufacturing industry left.

As Michael Moore said tonight..all the stock available for GM is only worth 3 Billion currently. Why give em more than that when anyone can pick em up for 3 Bill large? ;)

Edward Porter Alexander said...

There are jobs tied to the industry but if the industry goes under new ones will open up.

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that if we don't bailout GM and my grandparents pension is cut-- we will be homeless.


I'm checking out alternatives. So far so good, and there is lots of money to go around for people like me. I've been doing some research, and there's more grants and lower APR's out there now than before. Bailout is for you too!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to Post a Comment The recession really isn't that bad if you know where to look. The bailout money is spilling over to us believe it or not. I've done research and found that there is more money than what you think...

Bailout Spillover